Entrance Examination for the Master and Doctor Courses
■ 2023 Entrance examination information
- GSFS Information，Guideline（Master and Doctor Courses）
- DAE Explanatory Leaflet : Lab Info updated on May 26
- Project Lecturer Sakahsia Nagai will start a new laboratory.
■ 2023 Entrance Examination Information Meetings
April 16 13:00-, May 11 17:00-, May 28 13:00-
- Apply in advance from this form. Explanation (jpn)
- Please contact email@example.com, if you did not receive email sent on May 26.
■ Extra information
- For the English test, you need to submit TOEFL (including iBT Home Edition) or TOEIC score sheet. Please take the exam as soon as possible.
- On past examination
■ On the entrance examination
The subjects of the master course entrance examination are English, Specialized subject (short essays), Undergraduate grades, and Oral examinations (online). The subjects of the doctoral course entrance examination are English, Undergraduate and graduate school grades, and oral examination (online, some subjects are excused for master course graduates from the Department of Advanced Energy). For undergraduate and graduate school grades, you will be required to submit a GPA calculated according to the specified method. For English, you will be required to submit a TOEFL or TOEIC score sheet.
Hoping that various educational and research activities in our department, with the keyword “energy”, will be carried out on the wide range of personal background, we will make a comprehensive selection, focusing on science and engineering backgrounds.
We are promoting academic fusion by accepting students from diverse backgrounds; More than half of all the examinees in the master’s program are from universities other than the University of Tokyo. Most of the students who go on to the doctoral program are from the master’s program of this major, but about 10% are enrolled from graduate schools of other universities or other majors of the University of Tokyo. About 10 to 20% of the students are international students, and most of them go on to the doctoral program.
■ Examination Information
- On the 2022 Graduate School Entrance Examination (August 2021)
- GSFS (Admissions Information) Guidelines: Master and Doctoral Programs
- Guideline from the Department of Advanced Energy (English translation)
Associate Professor Hiroshi Tanabe (scheduled to arrive on September 1, 2021) will start a new laboratory from FY 2022 entrance examination. Additional Information
- Examination schedule (Online)
Master Program: August 24th (Tuesday), 25th (Wednesday), 30th (Monday), 2021
Doctoral Program: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, Wednesday, August 25, Thursday, August 26, 2021
- For the English test, please submit the TOEFL (including iBT Home Edition) or TOEIC score sheet. Please take the exam as soon as possible.
- The interview will include questions on basic academic skills. Two or three small questions (example questions are here) will be asked to each candidate.
2022 Online Entrance Examination Information Meetings 1st : Saturday, April 17, 2021 13:00 – 15:00
2nd: May 12, 2021 (Wednesday) 18:00 – 20:00
3rd: Saturday, May 29, 2021 13:00 – 15:00
(All three times have the same content) Please apply in advance from the application form. We will send you the connection information.
- past exams
2017-2021 Master’s degree enrolled university
2016-2020 Master’s course career paths
Graduate School of Frontier Sciences,
The University of TokyoKashiwanoha 5-1-5, Kashiwa,
Chiba 277-8561, Japan
Advanced Energy entrance examination office